We put our maxim PASSION CREATES INNOVATION into practice with absolute conviction and with such success that we are now enlarging our team. Therefore, we are looking for an employee (m/f/d) who is able to start work as a
as of now
EXTENT OF EMPLOYMENT
- To have responsiblity for the Quality Team at the Telford site and to ensure all process are followed
IF YOU ARE ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT...
- General and Task Management
- Manage all quality-related issues within the manufacturing team (e.g. internal, supplier, customer and customer warranty)
- Identify root cause and instigate permanent corrective actions for product quality issues
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve quality issues that arise as quickly and efficiently as possible to prevent compromising quality and safety standards
- Carry out product and process auditing
- Ensure control plans and associated documentation are implemented effectively and maintained.
- Monitor and report on quality-related key performance indicators including scrap monitoring, rework levels, parts per million (PPM) figures
- Stop production in the event of manufacture of unacceptable goods/processes
- Ensure compliance and assist with adherence to the Quality Management system (IATF16949/ISO9001)
- Undertake special projects as required
- Assist with training of quality awareness
- Report on internal and external Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to adhere to process and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process or system
- Promote the use of customer preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), and Measurement System Analysis
- Participate in cross-functional teams in the development of new products or changes related to current products in meeting customer requirements
- Participate in the development and refinement of Design and Process FMEA’s (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis)
- Lead quality audits
- Keep up with current and developing manufacturing and engineering trends that concern product quality
- Undertake special projects as required
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities
- Quality control of work by appropriate reviews (customer concern effectiveness audits)
- Support and lead process improvement activities
- Write reports and present progress at project meetings and to customer base
- Conduct benchmarking studies to determine best practices/designs and future trends
- Plan projects or subtasks so they may be tracked and presented
- Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions
- Produce written reports and make presentations
- Undertake continuous training and development
- Independently determine approach and assigned tasks
- Lead plant through a proactive approach utilising a ‘teach’ method to ensure that the wider business understands and buys into tools and processes.
- Cost driven position, monitor all local costs and drive down spends to ensure CopQ is within budget.
- Monitor cost of all instances of customer debit and robustly challenge with data where appropriate.
- Track departmental hours and ensure they are allocated to appropriate actions.
- People Management
- Lead and/or support groups of technicians and engineers
- Provide guidance to other team members
- Train both team and broader organisation members
- Relationship Management
- Support regular inspection meetings with representatives from appropriate departments to establish an action plan for improving build quality and reducing internal failure
- Communicate efficiently throughout the shop floor and with own and customer’s management
- Liaise and communicate with other departments, customers, suppliers and other service providers
...AND POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS?
- Proven experience in tier 1 or OEM automotive quality, preferably with at least two years at Quality manager / senior quality engineer level.
- Extensive audit experience, good working knowledge of IATF16949 and VDA standards. Lead Auditor and six sigma black belt status advantageous.
- Previous experience of working within mould, assembly and aesthetic paint is an advantage.
- Candidate must be a strong, highly focused, self motivated individual who works well under pressure and is able to organize and inspire a team.
- Extensive knowledge of core tools and GD&T principles is essential.
- HND Quality Assurance / CQI Level 5.
- Exercise substantial initiative/judgement in work methods and interpreting goals
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Self-supervising within the guidance and expectations of senior management
- Strong knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge
- Experience with JLR and VW / Bentley customer base with understanding of their systems and approach is essential for role.
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment, with a flexible approach.
- Planning and prioritising activities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to present data effectively
- Problem-solving skills
- Team working skills
- Analytical skills
- Understanding of cost and financial impacts