We put our maxim PASSION CREATES INNOVATION into practice with absolute conviction and with such success that we are now enlarging our team. Therefore, we are looking for an employee (m/f/d) who is able to start work as a
Head of Product Engineering
as of now
EXTENT OF EMPLOYMENT
Provide clear leadership and vision, inspire and motivate staff to achieve excellence and mentor them as they develop new skills. Drive Key Performance Indicators across all areas of the Engineering function to ensure that all projects are delivered on cost and on time to the highest quality standards. Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental issues are prioritised and facilitate, direct and drive implementation of Lean Business strategy and drive Continuous Improvement across all engineering related areas of the business.
IF YOU ARE ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT...
- Providing technical support to the business development, estimating and onsite engineering teams
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of build design, from contract award to handover.
- Lead the preparation of technical and contract documentation for issue and analysis of returned tenders.
- Assisting projects with value engineering and financial control of contracts during construction stage
- Develop planning and prioritise processes to ensure that multi-disciplinary resource is well aligned to maximise delivery of projects.
- Ensure any new equipment or engineering activity is supported with appropriate qualification documentation and that this is appropriately stored. Ensure up to date drawings are maintained appropriately.
- Work with Commercial department on product development, market opportunities and trends.
- Coordinate with manufacturing to ensure manufacturability of product while maintaining quality, safety and environmental standards and achieving cost targets in a timely fashion.
- Support project management to cross functional activity required for project execution.
- Operate a process for safe selection of external contractors. In conjunction with the Head of Purchasing ensure all external contracts are regularly reviewed to ensure best value.
- Report on Engineering activities on a regular basis to the Senior Management team, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of the relevant Key Performance Indicators.
- Ensure that Environmental, Health and Safety, engineering and quality standards and procedures are adhered to.
- Establish quality and reliability standards by studying industry benchmarks and the requirements of customers and research/design and development, and define the metrics required to assess performance against standards required.
- Ensure the appropriate systems and procedures are established and followed, ensuring best practices are continually developed and used to support delivery of programme management frameworks in place, incorporating the Gateway Review process if required.
- Ensure programme and project reviews are regularly and effectively supported to ensure delivery of programmes to schedule, budget and to the agreed quality level.
- Ensure adequate resource in all areas of the business are provisioned to deliver programmes including Engineering, and production capacity.
- Escalate and manage programme risks and issues.
- People Management
- Finance Budget Control
- Relationship Management
- HSE Responsibility
...AND POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS?
- Educated to degree level (preferably Masters) in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent NVQ Level 7 qualification.
- Fellow or Chartered Member of an industry related Professional Body.
- Proven supplier experience.
- Track record of successfully managing multiple large-scale projects.
- Desirable: Project Management qualification e.g. PRINCE2.
- Knowledge and technical understanding of automotive processes, components and design techniques.