We put our maxim PASSION CREATES INNOVATION into practice with absolute conviction and with such success that we are now enlarging our team. Therefore, we are looking for an employee (m/f/d) who is able to start work as a
as of now
Bromyard with some Home Working
EXTENT OF EMPLOYMENT
- Responsible for the delivery of new product designs, from the concept stage through to finished products ready for manufacture
- Responsible for those product designs achieving tooling feasibility and design for manufacture.
- Drive creative thinking, ensure customer needs are considered and collaborate with the operations team to ensure products are designed for efficient manufacture
- Assist in the delivery of the agreed engineering objectives established in the Annual Business Deployment Plan and considering the organisation longer-term strategy road map
- Work on multiple major projects requiring innovative solutions that advance the technical field
- Support the development of long range, strategic planning that will affect the Company’s success
- Ensure that Health, Safety & Environmental requirements are adhered to
- Help implement & manage continuous improvement principals by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices & processes
IF YOU ARE ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT...
- Develop OEM Design concepts, with appropriate CAD systems, to enable the creation of 3D Models to fulfil design / styling / engineering aspirations of our customer.
- Support the management of all Design activities, where appropriate, including Request for Quotations (RFQs), Design freeze / release, Design Failure Mode Effect Analysis (DFMEA), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Design Verification/Product Validation (DV & PV) testing, Engineering testing (RMDV), GD&T where required and Computer-aided engineering (CAE) if appropriate
- Develop CAD data exchange protocols with customers, suppliers and other Group companies as required to support all aspects of tool and components design
- Liaise closely with all departments to fully understand design requirements
- Create and develop design / component feasibility studies
- Identify and implement design improvements (functionality, cost, tooling & DFM) within the Feasibility Team and external Tool Makers
- Liaise with Purchase Department to ensure effective selection of supplier for manufacture of tooling
- Develop and maintain control systems for CAD activities to comply with BS5750 and aspire to ISO9000 design section
- Create and keep up-to-date tool specifications which will enable suppliers to make accurate quotations based on known data.
- Improve reliability performance to reduce or eliminate warrantable issues in the field
- Support design in-line with UK/EC/International standards and legislation
...AND POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS?
- Degree-qualified in a relative-Engineering discipline
- Membership of an industry related Professional Body would be advantageous
- 5+ years in a Product-Development Engineering position
- Specific experience in the design/construction of IM/RIM Bumper Assemblies preferred
- Proficient in using appropriate CAD systems
- Good understanding of Moldflow & CAE tools
- Proficient in JLR Team Centre system
- Excellent level of detail, numeracy & accuracy