We put our maxim PASSION CREATES INNOVATION into practice with absolute conviction and with such success that we are now enlarging our team. Therefore, we are looking for an employee (m/f/d) who is able to start work as a
as of now
Telford & Bromyard
EXTENT OF EMPLOYMENT
After successfully launching new projects the Cost Engineer will be continuously exploring cost down ideas. Process analysis and optimisations at the supplier´s plants are other key activities of the cost engineer.
IF YOU ARE ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT...
- Support the engineering and design process by comparing different processes, production materials and production locations on the basis of calculations.
- Provide design recommendations on the basis of cost evaluations.
- Conduct on-site process analysis and process optimisation at the supplier plants to improve our cost position.
- Implement and monitoring of cost down measures at the suppliers to support multi-year savings contracts.
- Analysis of supplier quotes to identify negotiation possibilities.
- Lead Make or Buy studies together with controlling to improve cost position or supply delivery performance and support market value proposition.
- Review material cost controlling with bottom-up cost analysis of products, processes or assembly operation plants.
- Supplier development with regards to the suppliers cost position and by that its robust financial performance.
...AND POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS?
- Experience gained at either a Tier 1 automotive supplier or automotive OEM, ideally within Plastics.
- Ability to Read, interpret and cost engineering / CAD drawings.
- Able to demonstrate direct knowledge of value analysis and value engineering.
- Experience in leading cross-functional change management and cost down projects.
- Excellent project management skills, with a track record of delivery.
- Demonstrable ability to prioritise tasks and have effective time management and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to travel both UK, Europe and Globally as and when required.
- Certified to degree/business level.
- Key user / Extensive experience of using Costing Software to produce accurate cost and investment proposals
- Strong knowledge of pricing, margins, discounts and overhead/cost structures