We put our maxim PASSION CREATES INNOVATION into practice with absolute conviction and with such success that we are now enlarging our team. Therefore, we are looking for an employee (m/f/d) who is able to start work as a
as of now
EXTENT OF EMPLOYMENT
Responsible for ensuring that the products produced meet quality standards required to minimise quality costs and maximise customer satisfaction whilst ensuring that procedures and processes are adhered to. Ensure incoming materials meet required quality standards.
As the APQP responsible person for an assigned program it will be expected that you act as a strong voice on behalf of the quality team and plant within any program meeting – driving a risk averse approach to engineering and quality discussions to ensure processes are delivered effectively with zero failure points. You will have a strong knowledge of engineering principles which can be called upon to assist.
You have a responsibility to ensure that PSW / Note (ok for series) packs are delivered on time, and escalate any failures or risks to your direct management as and when they occur.
You will be data driven, confident in your approach and expected to interact with shop floor teams and management alike.
Support new product introductions to ensure the robustness of product builds. Work in a team environment to develop and implement best practices that emphasise defect prevention, reduction in variation and waste and provide for continuous improvements in meeting all customer requirements. Manage the customer specific requirements and offer technical support. Responsible for multiple highly complex major projects requiring innovative original solutions where results are key to successful completion of major projects. Work mostly independently with minimal supervision and work is reviewed at project milestones and/or on completion by Senior Management.
IF YOU ARE ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT...
- Assist (as required) with quality-related issues within the manufacturing team (e.g. internal, supplier, customer and customer warranty)
- Identify root cause and instigate permanent corrective actions for product quality issues
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve quality issues that arise as quickly and efficiently as possible to prevent compromising quality and safety standards
- Carry out product and process auditing
- Ensure control plans and associated documentation are implemented effectively and maintained
- Stop production in the event of manufacture of unacceptable goods/processes
- Ensure compliance and assist with adherence to the Quality Management system (IATF16949/ISO9001)
- Write product test procedures
- Undertake special projects as required
- Assist with training of quality awareness
- Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to adhere to process and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process or system
- Assist with first off sample approvals
- Promote the use of customer preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), and Measurement System Analysis
- Participate in cross-functional teams in the development of new products or changes related to current products in meeting customer requirements
- Participate in the development and refinement of Design and Process FMEA’s (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis)
- Lead quality audits
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities
- Quality control of work by appropriate reviews (customer concern effectiveness audits)
- Support and lead process improvement activities
- Write reports and present progress at project meetings and to customer base
- Plan projects or subtasks so they may be tracked and presented
- Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions
- Support regular inspection meetings with representatives from appropriate departments to establish an action plan for improving build quality and reducing internal failure
- Communicate efficiently throughout the shop floor and with own and customer’s management
- Liaise and communicate with other departments, customers, suppliers and other service providers
...AND POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS?DipQ or HNC an advantage but not essential
Proven experience in tier 1 or OEM automotive quality, preferably with at least two years at Quality engineer / senior quality engineer level.
Candidate must be a strong, highly focused, self motivated individual who works well under pressure and is able to react to change and motivate others
Experience of multiple OEM’s beneficial – inclusive of JLR and VW Group.
Exercise substantial initiative/judgement in work methods and interpreting goals
Extensive audit experience, good working knowledge of IATF16949 and VDA standards.
Lead Auditor status preferred Self-supervising within the guidance and expectations of senior management
Previous experience of working within mould, assembly and aesthetic paint is an advantage Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
Extensive knowledge of core tools and GD&T principles is essential.
Good communication and interpersonal skills
Strong knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP / Note Submission), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
Ability to present data effectively. Background in, or good working knowledge of engineering an advantage.