We put our maxim PASSION CREATES INNOVATION into practice with absolute conviction and with such success that we are now enlarging our team. Therefore, we are looking for an employee (m/f/d) who is able to start work as a
as of now
EXTENT OF EMPLOYMENT
To have people and budget responsibility for the department & business unit. Responsible for the development and implementation of purchasing strategy, policy and processes along with the commitment to delivery pre-defined annual savings target.
IF YOU ARE ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT...General and Task Management
- Ensure that purchasing policies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets and which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market.
- Create and review opportunities to implement best practice purchasing policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance and deliver best value and business savings.
- Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities.
- Ensure purchasing policy, guidelines and any associated documents are in place and updated when required including any alignment required to group policy.
- Utilise appropriate resources including Supplier Development to ensure appropriate supplier partnerships and delivery of sourced products.
- Develop creative and innovative procurement processes.
- Provide management reports and key performance data and monitor cost savings.
- Manage relationships with suppliers and select and develop new suppliers.
- Negotiate and manage contract terms with suppliers to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms with technical and operational input from stakeholders and colleagues.
- Review and negotiate existing agreements to optimise commercial terms.
- Assess tenders from potential suppliers.
- Work with suppliers and have a process in place to measure effective performance, quality and compliance. Measure against KPI criteria as developed.
- Ensure professional and consistent supplier management is applied across the supply base in line with the purchasing policy
- Ensure parts are sourced in full and aligned to production schedules and customer requirements
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors
- Manage, coach and develop high performing, self motivating purchasing team that meet agreed objectives and which deliver best practice results, added value and continuous improvements.
- Set departmental objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports.
- Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance.
- Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the purchasing strategy.
- Communicate with stakeholders the impact of market change and potential effects on supply. Recommend solutions without compromising quality or service while optimising cost.
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact.
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on Purchasing activities.
- Proactively contribute to creating a good team atmosphere.
- Anticipates and overcomes obstacles.
- Makes useful links to arrive at insightful plans and solutions.
- Embraces personal challenge.
- Confident, rounded thinking.
- Takes ownership for team cohesion and development.
- Is self aware.
- Is resilient, optimistic and open to change.
- Self motivated and able to work well under pressure.
...AND POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS?
- Relevant degree is preferred
- Member of CIPS – Level 6 Achieved
- Automotive Purchasing Management (5 Years+)
- Technical understanding of exterior trim processes.
- Project Management
- Automotive NPI process understanding is a compulsory requirement.